Arkansas Sentencing Commission
A Division of the Arkansas Department of Corrections
No current public notices.
Welcome to the Arkansas Department of Corrections! The Department is comprised of over 6,000 dedicated employees within the following:
* The Division of Correction (formerly the Arkansas Department of Correction);
* The Division of Community Correction (formerly Arkansas Department of Community Correction);
* The Corrections School System (Arkansas Correctional School District and Riverside Vocational Technical School);
* The Office of the Criminal Detention Facility Review Coordinator; along with the
* Administrative functions of the Criminal Detention Facility Review Committees;
* Administrative functions of the Parole Board;
* Administrative functions of the Sentencing Commission; and
* Administrative functions of the State Council for the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision.
We have so many staff that are knowledgeable and talented working and serving our state! They are doing this work because they believe in public safety! Our shared goal is to continue to have a service-minded culture, and by working as one Department, to strengthen our ability to be a science-driven/data-driven team dedicated to continuous improvement. We are in the people business which makes this work difficult and, at times, unpredictable!
To the best of our ability, we prepare those in our custody and under our supervision to be productive and law-abiding citizens. That starts by setting a professional example every day and remaining fair, firm, and consistent in following our policies. Our policies are based on national standards and implemented with safety and security in mind. Being data-driven in our decision making, policies, and practices will improve the success of our mission.
Thank you for visiting the Arkansas Sentencing Commissions’s website. I am honored to be their Secretary!
A letter from the Secretary of the Department of Corrections:
Office of the Secretary * 6814 Princeton Pike * Pine Bluff, AR 71602 * 870.267.6200 *
The purpose of the Arkansas Sentencing Commission is to establish sentencing standards and to monitor and assess the impact of practices, policies, and existing laws on the correctional resources of the state.
Pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act, the Arkansas Sentencing Commission has finalized an amendment to the Offense Seriousness Ranking Table. This amendment adds the rankings of offenses created or modified during the 92nd General Assembly to the Table. It also adds some infrequently used offenses which were inadvertently omitted from the Table during previous ranking sessions. There were no public comments on this amendment and there is no projected financial impact. The effective date of the revised seriousness reference table is January 1, 2020. This Table will be incorporated in the benchbook, which will be ready for publication by January 1, 2020.